Judging from my lack of updates, you have complete right to accuse me of lazy blogger syndrome these past few weeks. For some reason, I blog in a fashion similar to a cyclical weather climate. I shift from a manic storm of posts within two days, wind gusts at 40 mph, to light sprinkles scattered here and there, partly cloudy. Why can’t I adopt the temperate weather of California or some other sunny state that’s consistently 75 degrees and mostly sunny.
Anyway, enough of my rants to be a better blogger. I have here for you today the roundup of my latest adventures through the internet. Start off your weekend with some fresh inspiration and a dollop of good world-wide-web fodder:
MY TOP TEN INTERNET TRAVEL DESTINATIONS FOR TODAY
1. Are you the jet-setting, cultured type (or aspiring to be) and have nothing to do this fine Saturday? Check out the Monocle Weekend Agenda for some ideas, such as Parisian art and re-imagined London architecture.
2. Continuing with the Monocle theme, have a listen to the latest Urbanist broadcast about the value of a “third space” between work and home. You’ll hear from Ray Oldenburg, the author of The Great Good Place: Cafes, Coffee Shops, Bookstores, Bars, Hair Salons, and Other Hangouts at the Heart of a Community.
4. For the creative artist in you, try this Brain Pickings article called “Tchaikovsky on Work Ethic vs. Inspiration.”
5. And if you aren’t sure if you’re the creative type, read this widely popular piece from HuffPost on “18 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently.”
6. Fashionistas will appreciate Vogue’s new My Life in Vogue project, featuring videos of regular people and their stylish lives.
7. Retail junkies or lovers of Creatures of Comfort should check out these two stores: Hare + Hart (sustainable leather fashion that would go great with your globally inspired look) and Maryam Nassir Zadeh (a bright, refreshing boutique featuring an exquisite array of lesser known designers to whip out, if you’re into that kinda thing). While we’re at it, have a look at my earlier post on Merci, an amazing concept store in France.
8. I love my indie magz. See what I’m reading on my Issuu profile.
9. Are you into design? Continue the hunt at habitusliving.com
10. And last but certainly not least, go visit Blouinartinfo.com if you haven’t already. Such a classic for any culture nerds, art lovers, and high-fashion aficionados out there.